District Leadership Team
5/23/23 Update: New guidance from the TN Department of Education was released this morning. Changes made by the TNDOE restrict access to the 3rd Grade Retention Parent Appeal Form until May 30. The Appeal Form will be available beginning May 30, 2023 and parents of eligible Jefferson County 3rd Grade Students should complete the Appeal Form by June 10, 2023.
- 3rd grade TCAP scores were received from TDOE around 5:00 pm on Friday, May 19, 2023.
- Work was completed Saturday and Sunday at the district level to aggregate the data.
- School level meetings are occurring on Monday, May 22, 2023, with administrators across the district. Many end of the year events are occurring today, but we are prioritizing the release of 3rd grade information to parents.
- All 3rd grade students will receive an individualized letter stating their status regarding the 3rd grade retention law.
- A personalized phone call will be made to families whose students require summer school.
- 3rd grade retake opportunity will take place on May 30 & 31, 2023 at select locations across the district.
- Reach out to your child’s school if you have any questions.
- district front